4/15/99

April 15, 1999

GUYS ARE JERKS! If you’re a desperate-for-love teenage girl, like me, always remember that IT ISN’T WORTH IT!  Your turn will come when it is time for you to marry.  Be Patient.
 I hope that my journal will someday help someone who has similar trials.  It really helps to know that you’re not the only one who has gone through this…  Listen to your elders and learn from their mistakes and your life will be that much easier.  That’s something I wish I’d done more of.

 Lessons from my life:

  1. Learn from your elders.
  2. You don’t need a relationship with a guy until later.  God loves you and will take that lonely feeling away if you ask.
  3. Talk to your Heavenly Father about everything!  He loves you and will be your best friend if you let Him!
  4. Don’t be afraid to ask God for help.
  5. Learn from every person you meet; that’s why they’re in your life!  Think about what kind of person you could be if you found a good quality in every person you meet and emulate it!
  6. Trials/problems are put in our lives for good.  Don’t let them bring you down.  Learn… and become stronger!
  7. Don’t forget that what you see isn’t real.  The Earth is our classroom, the Holy Ghost our teacher.  We are children of God on a mission.  We are only here for a short while.  Don’t waste time.
  8. Don’t waste your life with the excuse that you are “too shy”.
These are the most important lessons I’ve learned.  I’m sure there’s more…  I hope you remember these!  There is this speech that comes on the radio that I really like.  It’s full of good advice.  I’m going to write it down….


(Speech read by Laz Buhrmann for the class of ’97 & ’99.  “Wear Sunscreen”)


*All names have been changed in order to protect the privacy of those involved.