3/19/00

March 19, 2000

Kristi,
I have to admit that I hate writing in here.  It is not easy for me to put my feelings on paper.  When I go back and read what I wrote, I feel like such a ditz.  Anyway, that’s why I hardly write.

Do you remember me mentioning Jacob?  Yeah, the one that works with me.  We’ve been doing a lot together lately; he’s a pretty fun guy.  Last Friday, I went to his ward St. Patrick’s Day party.  We had fun.

We’ve had some pretty crazy times together too; like when we barrowed his dad’s truck to go “mudding”.  We got stuck; and I mean STUCK!  The mud was nearly above the wheels!  We ended up having to walk to the nearest neighbor’s house to call his dad.  Jacob and his dad ended up spending the night digging it out until a tow truck could get it out; then Jacob had to spend the next day cleaning the truck spotless!

My parents don’t really like Jacob a lot.  I guess they aren’t exactly thrilled about any of my dates but they’ve never before come out and said they didn’t like them.  He’s a good kid… I think anyway.
Love, Melonie


*All names have been changed in order to protect the privacy of those involved.