5/29/98

June 29 & 30, 1998

June 29, 1998

I am at camp Oakcrest! Cool, huh? I love it here!

Oh, I broke-up with my boyfriend. It had been about a month and two weeks. I did it because I realized that I don’t really want to have a boyfriend. It’s like “going steady” and I’m uncomfortable with it. I am just going to date when I turn 16. Besides… it will be more fun that way!

Anyway, I hope this summer brings me closer to the Lord. I need him now more than ever!
Love, Kix (This is my camp name while I work up here this summer!)

June 30, 1998

Dear Heavenly Father,
I just wanted to take the time to tell you that I love you and I appreciate all you’ve done for me. My seminary teacher told me that I’ve only been away for about 21 minutes from you but it seems a lot longer to me! I miss you so much. Sometimes at night I look up into the stars and try to remember you. I know that you’ll probably never forget me… Thank you so much!

I’m sorry I haven’t been that great for you throughout my life but please don’t give up on me! I am trying so hard. I need you more than ever now.

Thank you for the people you’ve sent to me. Thanks for my family, friends and teachers. I love them all so much! Thanks for my home and for the gospel. Thank you for the scriptures. Thank you for my body and for my talents; you’ve given me so much!

I love you and I can’t wait for the day that I can be with you again! I am trying my hardest to do my best but sometimes I think it isn’t good enough. Please help me. Forgive me of my weaknesses and help me make them strengths. Heavenly Father, please help me to understand what I am meant to do in life and who I need to become. Help me to grow spiritually. Thanks again.
I love you,
Melonie



*All names have been changed in order to protect the privacy of those involved.