4/5/99

April 5, 1999

Kristi,
Hey, how are you? I’m okay. I just got over (well, okay, I’m not over it yet…) one of my soap opera love tragedies. I know this journal is all about guy trouble (sexual abuse and puppy love) Sorry, here it goes:

Erik and I went on a few more dates. On the 2nd date, we kissed. It was his first kiss. Mine too… in a way. (Everyone else who has kissed me didn’t really care about me.) The more I got to know him, the more I liked him. I couldn’t find anything wrong with him! We were boyfriend and girlfriend for about 2 weeks when he freaked out.

We weren’t doing anything wrong; I was dating other guys… I think he either got jealous or someone has been telling him stories. Well, now that he is not talking to me and avoiding me in the halls… I realize more than ever how much I care about him.

Do you want to know something weird? Everything about him is just like how I imagined my future husband to be. Every night, I’ve been going through my list to find any stupid reason for me not to like him anymore but the very next day that reason no longer exists! (For example: I picked “S.B.O. or leader”… he wasn’t in any leadership positions but the next day he said he was going to “run for S.B.O. president or something”!) Crazy, huh? You can’t meet the guy you’re going to marry at age 16… right? I guess it doesn’t matter because I’m not going to marry him if he won’t even talk to me!

I miss him so much...

*All names have been changed in order to protect the privacy of those involved.