5/25/99

May 25 and June 2, 1999

Kristi,
Hey!  How are you?  My friends and I went to Lagoon last Friday.  It was lots of fun!  3 of us went on the Sky Coaster.  That was the best!  It was pretty scary, though; just like sky diving from 150 feet in the air!  Wow, I loved it!  The falling feeling was great!  I got to pull the cord that dropped us!

 I leave for Oakcrest on Sunday… I told you I got a job there, right?  I’m so excited!  This will be tons of fun.  I hope God will help me while I’m there so that I can overcome my problems and be happy.  I hope I will bring myself closer to Him and make my testimony stronger.

June 2, 1999

 Well, here I am at Oakcrest.  I miss my parents already.  I don’t have anyone to talk to about my feelings.  I can’t wait for this pain to go away so I can be normal.  I feel like I’m not worth very much up here.  I really am doing my best but no one seems to think so.  It has been a hard week.  I hope it gets a little better because I love Oakcrest.  In fact, someday, I want to own a camp just like it.  I guess I’m just not ready after what happened.  I feel like my relationship with God has gotten weaker.  I don’t like the feeling of being so far from him.  That’s what I hope to gain back here… my relationship with my Heavenly Father.



*All names have been changed in order to protect the privacy of those involved.