6/7/99

June 7 and July 8, 1999

Hi Kristi!  Today is the first day of camp with the girls here.  It was quite a chore to wash the dishes for 400 people!  They stacked up so fast!  It has been hard for me to keep up with everyone else.  I feel bad; like I’m worthless to the staff.  However, I know this is where I need to be.  I feel closer to the Lord here.  It has only been a week but I already feel like I’ve received messages that were meant just for me.  These experiences are so important to me; they’ve made me feel so much better.  You know, I’ve been thinking… I prayed for some spiritual experiences to build my testimony and to help me accomplish my goals.  Maybe Oakcrest is an answer to my prayers!  It has only been 6 days here… I wonder what the rest of
the summer has in store for me!

July 8, 1999

I’ve been at Oakcrest for a month now.  I’ve felt the spirit close again; I’ve laughed, I’ve cried, I’ve prayed, I’ve made friends, I’ve learned… and now I’m home.  I guess I’ve done what I need to do there (for now).  I miss it so incredibly much!  Sure, I’ve had some really hard times there but it made me happy.  It has been 2 years since that 1st kiss with Rico that started everything…  So many things have happened since then.  It has been so hard for me.  At Oakcrest, my physical pain just got worse and worse and, emotionally, I just got to the point where I was crying all the time so I prayed about it and decided to come home.  Now I wish I were back.  I had some great friends there.  I will never forget them.  One gave me a special frog that reminds me that some days I might feel like a frog but, someday, I will turn into a beautiful princess.  That someday is beginning today! I am getting better!

*All names have been changed in order to protect the privacy of those involved.