10/16/98

October 16, 1998

Hey Kristi, I’m back! I’m really sorry I haven’t written you; I’m so behind! I’ve been busy… and I got myself into trouble. I feel really bad. I hate being a teenager.

My greatest goals are to return to my Heavenly Father and to be ready when Jesus comes again. Sometimes I think I forget those goals. I love my Heavenly Father. I hope that, in spite of some of my actions, he knows that.

I am so amazed and grateful for the unconditional love He has for me. Though I make mistakes, forget Him and break my covenants to Him, He is still there when I need Him and He continues to bless me.

I am so thankful for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is my life, my direction, my guide, my support and my protection. I know for a fact that without it, the only part of me that I truly treasure would be lost forever. I know this is the true gospel and that, in it, we can find the plan of God. I know this with all of my heart. I just wish that everyone else were so privileged.

Tonight I am beginning a fast. I don’t know how long it will last but I know it’s what I need to do to be forgiven and to keep Satan far from me. I am going to win this spiritual war and return to God with honor.

I am so thankful for the temples, prophets and everything else that keeps us on the right path. We just heard a talk in General Conference (and twice in Seminary) about dating and how we should not date until we are 16. This is something I have a problem with. I have probably been on at least 3 group dates and I’m not 16 yet; and I already have a date for the Sadie Hawkins dance. Even though my mom told me its okay to go, I don’t feel right about it. I can’t tell him I don’t want to go know, can I? He seems to think we are “going out” now. I don’t even really “like” him. He’s just a friend.
I love you,
Melonie
(Age 15)



*All names have been changed in order to protect the privacy of those involved.