11/22/98

November 22-December 1, 1998

Hey Kristi,
How are you? I’m sick today, so I’m staying home from church. I always feel awful all week when I don’t go. I like to go to church… or I like the way I feel when I’ve gone (if that makes any sense). I like the feeling I get when I go; so I go.

I don’t want to go sometimes because it is so boring. I know, I know… I’m going to have to fix that. It is getting better though. It’s just that I don’t really learn anything new anymore; it’s all just a big review. Maybe that’s why I like Seminary; I’m always learning something new!
I’m going to go, I love you!
Melonie

December 1, 1998

Hey you! …Yeah, you! What are you doing here?! Haven’t you read enough embarrassing things about me in here? …No? Well, keep reading! I’m sure there’s plenty more to come!

Guess what! …Oh, nothing much; just that I’ll be 16 in days now! I’ll get to date and drive (the 2 big “d”s)! I have my practice permit now; cool huh? But, the best reason for turning 16 is that I’m closer to 18. I can’t wait to go to college and get married someday.

It‘s also close to Christmas day. I’d better start shopping. I don’t know how I’m going to get enough money… I need a job! I’m supposed to be getting modeling jobs now that I’ve graduated from modeling school but I’m so scared! How does one get over being shy? I’ve got to do it fast!
Okay, I’m already sick of writing. (No offense, Kristi.)
Love, Melonie


*All names have been changed in order to protect the privacy of those involved.