12/14/98

December 14, 1998

Didn’t I tell you about Sadie’s? I’m sorry; I feel like I’ve probably missed a lot of things throughout my life. I try to get it all but I really don’t like to write. Sorry!

Anyway, Sadie’s was awesome. It was my first real date! I know, I’m not 16 yet… Mom says that I can go to my high school dances because “there are only so many of them”. It was fun! My group came to pick me up and my date came to the door with a stuffed reindeer. Then, we went to the HardRock Café. (I’d never been there before; it was neat.) After that, we went to the dance and got pictures. They were expensive! The whole date was, actually. It cost me $53! (Sadie’s is a girl’s choice, girls treat dance.)

We danced for awhile, then, we went to the mall. We were going to see a movie but we didn’t… so we just sat and talked and left for the dance again. When the dance was over, we went home.

I was proud of myself for being a good example. I asked the group not to swear around me and I told them I didn’t want to see the rated R movie they wanted to see. My date was great. He said that if I didn’t want to see the movie then he would stay with me. Anyway, it was great.

Oh, yeah, guess what I fond out! My good friend, Karen’s, crush (more like obsession!) “likes” me. I feel so bad! She cried every night for 4 days (maybe more) and he’s all she thinks about. I heard her say, “She get’s all the guys, why can’t I just have Josh?” Sad huh? I feel awful. Today he asked me how I feel about him. He wants to “go out”. I don’t want to go steady with anyone; especially not Josh! I don’t want to hurt Karen. I said “no”. What else can I do?
Love, Melonie
(Age 15)



*All names have been changed in order to protect the privacy of those involved.