1/11/99

January 11, 1999

Kristi,
I don’t really feel like writing; so I am. I don’t feel like talking to anyone; so I’m talking to you. I don’t feel like reading my scriptures or praying; so I will. Yesterday was my birthday but I’m not happy. My friends from church threw me a surprise party and, today, my mom and her friend took me to see “Ever After” and to eat at the Olive Garden. I got all I could’ve wanted but something is missing… a part of me is missing and I don’t feel whole. I guess I have a good life. I’ve been blessed… So what’s wrong with me? I just feel like crying all the time. I’ve felt like I have the flu for 2 months now. I have ulcers, bad headaches and all my joints are so swollen that sometimes I can’t even leave my bed in the mornings. I don’t feel like doing anything. Jesus, please help me… I love you.
Melonie
(Age 16)



*All names have been changed in order to protect the privacy of those involved.