7/11/99

July 11, 1999

Hey.  I’m back.  You know, I think I’m going to be doing a lot of writing to you these next few months.  I’m in lots of pain.  So bad it’s hard to breath.  My mom says it’s stress building up because of all I’ve been through.  I’m glad.  That means it will be gone soon and I can be normal again.  Everything will be gone; the eating and sleeping problems, the deep sorrow, the headaches, the pain… everything!
I’m feeling really sad and lonely right now.  I miss Oakcrest.  Not one of my friends called me this weekend like they said they would.  Maybe they didn’t really care about me.  Actually, I was probably quite annoying.  I probably complained a lot of pain.  Oh well.  I’ve learned a valuable lesson from the people there and I would do it again in a heartbeat.  I am sure that some of the things that were said in testimony meetings and devotionals were meant just for me. 

I am going through depression right now and that’s a hard thing to go through but someday I will be rid of it.  Someday I will wake up and it will be gone.  I will be a new person with new abilities and strengths.  This can be overcome!  I have noticed that I am more aware of other people and their trials.  I’m not the only one in depression.  I’ve learned that even though some people seem like they have perfect lives, many of them are hurting inside and the best way to help you is to forget yourself and help them.  God is aware of our pain and He will take care of us.  I’m learning to trust in Him a lot more; to ask Him for help before I try and do it on my own.  Jesus has been my best friend for a long time.  He has always been there for me.  He understands me.  He knows what I need and will take care of me if I ask.


*All names have been changed in order to protect the privacy of those involved.