9/19/99

September 19, 1999

Wow, I’ve got a lot to tell you…
Aug. 26th-28th the Young Men/Young Women went rafting on the Green River.  It was lots of fun (even though we had to avoid the rapids).  The water was freezing!  My hips started hurting really bad and one of the boys had to carry me back to camp.  It was so embarrassing! 

The 30th was the first day of school.  I’ve had gobs of homework since then!  It’s putting way too much stress on me and I can’t handle that right now so I decided to go on home study.  This week will probably be my last.

My cousin came up and we went to the football game and saw Kyle (what a hunk! J)  (I’m going to marry him… or at least someone like him!)  Then we went camping on our property in Duchesne.  There, we painted the shed, went swimming and late-night craw-dad fishing in the lake, played in the river and took mud baths!  I had lots of fun.  My cousin and I got closer as friends. 

On Monday was our family reunion.  Dad, Zach, my uncle and cousin all went to the Demolition Derby and the last night the boys found a scorpion in their tent! 

Then, last night was the seminary Opening Social.  It was fun.  We cleaned up our school as a service project then had a concert by Greg Simpson!  Jake kissed me again; this time with his tongue.  It made me feel so awful.  Why did I let him do it?  I kind of liked him but I didn’t want to kiss him.  I felt trapped, like he wouldn’t let me go back inside until he kissed me.  Why did I go outside with him in the first place?  A part of me knew what he wanted…  I cried the rest of the night.

Noel is such a great friend.  She made me feel lots better.  I wish I were as good as her.  I hope we’re always friends.

On the 29th of this month I am going to go see a hypnotherapist.  He is supposed to help a lot.  I can’t wait to go.  What if he can make my pain go away?  Then I can be normal again.
Melonie
(Age 16)    

*All names have been changed in order to protect the privacy of those involved.