12/18/99

December 18, 1999

My mom hates me when I say things she disagrees with or just doesn’t understand.  Does that make sense?  She always tells me she wants me to tell her how I feel but then she doesn’t even let me.  I guess I can’t tell her anything!  That’s my mom; never really listening.

Sorry about that last entry.  It sounded like I was high on something, didn’t it?  You’re probably wondering when I decided to marry Kyle.  To you it probably seems pretty sudden when, in actuality, I’ve been all but obsessing over him since the beginning of last year.  “Why haven’t I heard of him?” you ask…  Well, you see, this might sound ridiculous but I think I was afraid to mention that I liked him.  It wouldn’t work out then. 

I hope he is the one I will marry because he’s pretty neat but, if not, I will definitely marry someone like him!  I will tell you more about him later.  I’m not feeling so hot now.  My mom makes me feel so awful.  I’ll have lots to tell you next time.
Sincerely, Melonie
(Age 16)


*All names have been changed in order to protect the privacy of those involved.